What causes knee pain?
Knee pain may occur for several different reasons, including injuries, mechanical problems, and arthritis. Some of the most common knee injuries that cause pain include:
• Patellar tendinitis
• Knee bursitis
• Torn meniscus
• Injury to the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL)
Mechanical problems that may lead to knee pain include a loose body in the knee, dislocation of the kneecap, and iliotibial band syndrome.
What other symptoms do patients experience?
In addition to pain, patients with a problem in the knee may also notice weakness, instability, stiffness, swelling, popping noises, redness, and warmth in the joint.
How does Innovative Medical Center diagnose causes of knee pain?
The specific cause of a patient’s knee pain will influence the treatments Innovative Medical Center recommends. To provide patients with the best treatment possible, the doctors at Innovative Medical Center always identify the cause of the patient’s pain before developing a treatment option. To identify the cause of a patient’s knee pain, the doctor will perform a thorough physical examination, and he/she may also order an X-ray of the knee.
What treatments are available to patients with knee pain?
Innovative Medical Center offers several different types of treatment to patients with knee pain. Each of these treatments serves a different purpose. Some of the treatments that may be recommended for patients with knee pain include:
• Injection therapy – During this treatment, a doctor uses a hypodermic needle to deliver an anti-inflammatory medication directly into the knee joint.
• Corrective exercises – Corrective exercises can be used to strengthen weak muscles and improve the overall stability, range of motion, and flexibility of the knee.
• Soft tissue massage – Massaging the muscles near the knee can relieve tension and cramps that could exacerbate knee pain.
• Chiropractic care – For some patients, gentle manipulation of the joint may be beneficial.