Knee Osteoarthritis Treatment is available for you!
A few factors of Knee Osteoarthritis:
- Increasing age increases your risk for knee Osteoarthritis (OA).
- Decreasing body mass index and increasing physical activity are instrumental in preventing the progression of knee OA.
- Obesity is one of the primary preventable cause of knee OA and the second most preventable cause of OA in men after major knee injury.
- Obese individuals have 4 to 10 fold higher risk of developing OA than those of average weight. This is due to the excess load across the knee joint that equals approximately 4 times their body weight.
- Quadriceps weakness is also a risk factor in the progression of knee OA.
Knee Osteoarthrosis treatment that may help right here at Innovative Medical Center:
- Light to moderate exercise will combat knee OA by stimulating the remodeling of the cartilage to create a tougher, protective joint surface.
- Physical rehab will provide low-impact exercise, flexibility, and strength training specific to your case.
- An unloader brace will improve knee alignment, reduce pain, decrease stiffness, and improve function better than other knee braces.
- The unloader brace can also be used as an alternative to pain medications, such as NSAIDs, and to slow down the progression of OA.
- Pain relief medical injections can repair and accelerate the healing process.
Here at IMC we are changing healthcare to the way it should be. The way it should have been all along.
Don’t wait until your knee pain gets worse!
Call us today at (559) 222-5362 to schedule your appointment to see what non- surgical Knee Osteoarthritis Treatment is available for you!